Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Baking and Bird Feeder Project

Peanut Butter-covered Pine Cones rolled in bird seeds. The perfect messy yet oh so fun hand made gift. We hot glued red ribbon with white snow flakes on it to the tops for a hanger. I think mom and I had as much fun doing this as Aves did.
Baking with Aunt Tisha and Nani.
Since Aves can't help herself but eat massive amounts of cookie dough, we gave her a pile of flour all to herself to keep her entertained. It was one of those fun kind of messes where she had to be stripped down to undies before she left the kitchen. What fun!!

Were you all starting to wonder if we even had Christmas this year? Well, I'm sure by now you have all learned to not count on any of my blogs to be on time! This was a wonderful yet completely chaotic Christmas this year. We loved the snow and putting up the decorations. We had a contract on our house to move the very week after Christmas (yes, one week after Christmas) so things were just mentally stressful for me. As I decorated for Christmas, I boxed up anything in its way, you know, to save time once the holidays were over to just pack up Christmas and furniture. So the first three weeks of the holidays besides all the wonderful get togethers and time spent baking for each event, I boxed things up, took things off the walls, cleaned out closets, made several trips to the new home we had found AND the day that I completely packed up Averys room just 6 days before Christmas, the buyer for our house decided to back out and not buy our home!! Can you sense some frustration here?! So needless to say, we are still here with bare walls and a garage full of boxes. Oh well, God must certainly have other plans for us at the moment, just wish I knew what they were...

No comments: